This privacy notice is for visitors to our websites, apps and other digital platforms. It sets out how we use personal data that we hold about you and gives information on how to exercise your legal rights. In this notice ‘we’ and ‘our’ means Tamil cinema and its subsidiaries which operates this platform.
What data do we process about our visitors?
If you register for an account on our website in order to comment on an article, enter a competition or receive selected newsletters, or to use our services,you will need to provide us with your full name, email address, year of birth and postcode.
What do we use this data for?
- Verifying your identity (for example when you return to the website and have already logged in)
- Personalising the advertising you see on the website so that it is more relevant to you.
- Improving the design and style of the website
- Informing you about products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting if you have chosen to receive these type of communications.
- Sending you service messages about your subscription or account registration, for example if you have clicked a password reset link.
- Dealing with, and responding to you about, a comment you have submitted for or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content facilities
- Enabling you to share our content with others using social media or email
- Communicating (and personalising such communication) with you through our newsletters, but only those you have consented to receive.
- Administering competitions and informing you if you have been successful in any competitions or promotions
- Compiling customer reviews
- Conducting market research
- Sending a product to your home address
- Granting you access to a subscription
- Dealing with any query or complaint you submit to our customer services team. Only provide sensitive data (such as information about your health, race or religion) if you are happy to consent to our using it to manage your enquiry
- Sending you push notifications from our apps We also log and use information about any service errors or interruptions that you have experienced in order to help us create fixes and to make technical improvements to our Website
What is our legal basis for processing personal data?
We will only use your personal data for advertising and marketing, personalisation of content and services, advertising analytical purposes and to track eCommerce purchases if we have your specific consent to do so.
For all other uses of data set out above, we have a legitimate interests in processing it in order to monitor the performance of the website, respond to your queries and improve our products and services.
How can you access and update your personal information?
If you are a registered user, you can update your personal information by signing in to your account page or through your social network provider. In all other cases, please contact customer services.You can ask for a copy of the personal information we may hold about you, or for your data to be deleted via customer services.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected.Please note that if your account appears to have not been used for 12 months, we will try and contact you to check whether it is still in use and/or we will delete it.If you do not read the newsletters that you have subscribed to, we will delete your name from the relevant list after 6 months.If you purchased a subscription, we will retain your data for at least 12 months after your subscription ends in case there are any outstanding billing or other customer service issues.A record of a customer service query is retained for at least three years from the date it was submitted to us.We retain cookie data and corresponding third party data for 13 months from when it was collected from your device.We may need to retain your data for a longer period if there is a legal claim or if we are required to so by any regulation.
Who will we share your personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to our subsidiary company: Tamilcinema Ltd.Advertisers and advertising networks sometimes require data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. We may provide them with aggregate cookie information about our users with certain attributes (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies’ lawful requests for information.Your personal details may be shared with third party organizations we have contracted to provide services to us which include processing data. For example, to send you the emails you have signed up for. We will only use companies who can provide adequate safeguards to ensure your data is stored and handled securely.We may also have to release information because of a legal requirement on us or pursuant to a court order.We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this Privacy Notice to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of our business.
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you.
Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
Right to restriction of processing – you can ask for us to restrict the way we process your data.
Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Right to object – you have the right to object to our processing your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest in order to process it.
Right to withdraw your consent – you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Please note that these rights are not absolute and certain exemptions apply.